Not everyone is blessed with a big and massive home, but if you are smart enough, you can create some amazing neat themes even in smallest of places. Honestly, there’s a lot of information out there about high-end residential architecture, themes and much more, and probably, you will find equal number of ideas for smaller homes. To make things simpler, we have sorted a few interior ideas, exclusively for smaller homes.
1. Don’t keep space for a home office. If you require that nook to use the files and laptops, you can pretty much create one around the corner of the bedroom or even under the staircase. Work spaces often take up an unwanted room, and it is a good idea to create a cozier area that’s functional stylish at the same time.
2. Use dual purpose furniture. From ottomans to sofa-cum-beds, there are a lot of furniture pieces that can double up and do a second job. To be frank, it is best to hire an interior expert for the initial consultation, and based on the tips and advice, you can always choose more elemental pieces. Dual purpose furniture can look great when coordinated and used together to create a great theme.
3. Use the walls. It makes no sense to create a separate room for the books, when the living room walls are free. Wall shelves don’t cost a fortune, and you can even custom designs for very affordable prices. Make sure that you check online for a few ideas. Wall shelves can be also used for a number of other décor choices, like lamps and souvenirs.
4. Create illusions. Of course you don’t need to a palace like feel with many mirrors, but using mirrors can add a lot of space illusion in the bed room and corridors, which is quite a smart idea. If you were thinking of a separate dresser, you can avoid it with a big wall mirror. Some of the curate pieces and contemporary mirrors are worth a steal, and when you check the right online stores with leading design experts, you can get some great deals.
5. Use the under stair area. We mentioned this for the office nook, but under stair areas can be used for a number of other needs, as well. You can play with storage drawer ideas, and use the space for storing almost anything. You can also use the area as simple hub for all the spare things in the house. There are amazing ideas online, and you can even hire a team to get a custom design done, depending on the space available.
Lastly, don’t miss on doing the calculation and budgeting in advance. It is a good idea to work around a fixed budget and have a concrete plan in place. This will just help in minimizing the wastage of resources. If you intend to work with a design team, it is a good idea to ask them for a complete quote for the work.